If you want to be successful at anything you have to prepare and participate and learn. No one on a winning team just shows up and sits there. Feed your soul, exercise your will:
- Don’t go to be entertained, that is what the movies are for. Go to worship God and fulfill two of His commandments, Love God above all else and worship Him by keeping Holy the Sabbath Day.
- Prepare by reading and reflecting upon the readings during the week.
- Educated yourself in the faith, on exactly what is going on during the liturgy of the mass
- Read scripture and the Catechism during the week.
- If you have the opportunity go to mass during the week.
- Use the sacrament of reconciliation often to strengthen your will, spirit and mind.
- Don’t go to get something out of it, go to give something, yourself, to God and His community.