We can be sure that:
- Dryness makes us patient as we seek to love God for Himself.
- Mental anguish makes us depend upon His Wisdom.
- Doubts increase our Faith when we act according to our beliefs rather than our reasoning.
- Fear makes us trust God's Providence and Hope in His Goodness.
- Anxiety leads us to distrust ourselves and release our problems to an all-loving God.
- Worry makes us realize our helplessness and instills a desire to throw ourselves into the Arms of His Infinite Wisdom.
- Discouragement over our imperfections makes us strive for holiness with greater determination.
- Uncertainty as to our future makes us look forward to the Kingdom.
- Disappointments detach us from the things that pass and make us look to those that are everlasting.